Gluten free. Actually boasts some nutritional value. This one is made with ghee, so it’s not vegan, but you could try a hearty oil? Actually that sounds gross. This is gravy, it’s supposed to be a little not healthy.
- 2 cups stock
- 1 cup dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/8 cup parsley, minced
- -1 Tbsp ghee mixed with 1 Tbsp cornstarch or potato starch-
- dash of white pepper
- You can use just regular stock for this, mushroom stock, or you can use the liquid from rehydrated the shiitake mushrooms – to make give it a real shiitake kick. I used 1 cup hearty veggie broth, 1 cup liquid from the shiitake mushrooms.
- Put all gravy ingredients in a small pot, except the “potato starch ghee”, lemon & parsley. Simmer over medium-low heat for about 5 min.
- Mix 1 Tbsp. ghee with 1 Tbsp. cornstarch (Cardamama’s Recipe calls for potato starch, but I wasn’t paying attention and didn’t buy that. Had cornstarch, used it, it worked) until totally smooth. This is simply what thickens your gravy. Add your thickener to the pot, stirring constantly to avoid remote possibility of clumping.
- Once the gravy has thickened, stir in parsley & lemon juice. C’est voila!