- 1 organic red onion
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cane sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt – for best results use pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves – cut in half long-ways
- 10 peppercorns
- 3 whole cloves
- Thinly slice onion into rings or slices
- In a sieve, run a few cups of boiling water over the onions. Let them drip dry while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a clean jar, mix together the balsamic vinegar and sugar until the sugar is mostly dissolved, if not entirely.
- Add remaining ingredients, including onions.
- Close jar and give it a good shake.
- Store in the fridge for 24 hours before enjoying – onions will keep for about a month.
- Enjoy on everything! Great on sandwiches, tacos, salads, as a pizza topping and more!
Found this lovely recipe on the the very talented and delicious milkingalmonds blog.