Gluten Free, Not-for-Kids: muahaha
- 1 cup red wine (fruity, not dry) – I used inexpensive merlot
- 4 tbsp unflavored gelatin – can find it in the grocery store next to/with the jello
- 3 tbsp pure Grade B maple syrup
- Silicone molds
- metal whisk
- Over low-low heat, warm .5 cups of red wine in a small saucepan (you never want the wine to heat more than about medium heat because that will burn off the alcohol, but the gelatin will dissolve better in warmer liquids)
- Slowly add in the gelatin, mixing with a whisk the whole time to help it dissolve
- As the liquid warms up, add in the maple syrup
- (I added in the maple syrup after about 2 tbsp of gelatin to help the liquid::powder ratio)
- Once all the gelatin is added, turn off the heat and remove from the hot burner.
- Stir in rest of wine.
- Pour mix into molds through your strainer in order to get any chunks of gelatin from setting in.
- Put in the refrigerator until gummies harden – about 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy wine night with friends!
Recipe adapted from Thrive-Style.