CASHEW DILL DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in water at least 1hr
- 1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WINGS:
- 1 c gluten free flour of your choice (chickpea flour is a good option here)
- 1 c milk of your choice. With diary, or for diary-free/vegan options: almond milk, coconut milk, or any other non-diary milk
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into medium-sized florets
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup, agave, or brown rice syrup
- CAULIFLOWER: Preheat oven to 450* F. Line baking dish or cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Whisk together flour and milk until smooth.
- Dump your cauliflower florets and stir them around until all are well coated with the “rue” mixture. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. (You can dump them onto the baking sheet, but I would recommend letting/pouring the excess mixture onto the sheet with the cauliflower. I did this my first time out of habit, since usually I’m pouring sauce on my ingredients and want the extra flavor, but the result was they were kind of baked into a swamp of tasteless stuff when I pulled them out (since the rue is for texture not taste)).
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine rest of cauliflower wing ingredients: apple cider vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder, sweet paprika, sea salt, cayenne, smoked paprika, onion powder, maple syrup, olive oil.
- Bring to simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low heat, and cook until beginning to thicken, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When cauliflower is done, pour the buffalo-style sauce over it, toss to coat, and return to oven for a final 8 minutes.
- DIPPING SAUCE: Strain cashews and add to blender with all ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, dill, sea salt, water.
- Puree on high speed until very smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of blender as needed.
- Transfer to a sauce bowl, cover and refrigerate as needed (will keep up to 5 days).
Serve Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings with your Cashew Dill Dipping Sauce, celery, carrot sticks, etc! Especially tasty on game days!
Recipe courtesy of Jason Wrobel