• 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
• 1/4 – 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1 tsp minced garlic or ~3 cloves
• 3/4 tbsp hoisin sauce
• 1-1.5 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
• 1 tsp Bragg’s liquid amino’s (= gluten free sub) or to taste.
• garnish/optional sesame seeds
Prep: chop brussel sprouts lengthwise, almost as if you’re grating them.
In large sauce pan or wok, heat sesame seed oil over med-high heat, add red pepper flakes and garlic for about 1 minute. Add chopped brussel sprouts, lower heat to medium; stir and heat until lightly browned (about 4-6min).
Turn heat off. Add rice vinegar and mix. Add hoisin sauce and mix. Add Bragg’s liquid aminos and mix. Taste. If needs more flavor, add any of these last three ingredient, just *sparingly* at a time and taste while doing so.
(You can also swap out green beans for the brussel sprouts and this recipe is great! And/or tons of other veggies)