- 3x – 12oz bags of frozen artichoke hearts (thawed) or cans of artichoke hearts
- 4 leeks, white (bulb) part only
- 4-6 cups stock, hearty vegetable stock or chicken
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (~4-5 cloves)
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
This is my FAVORITE soup in the Whole Wide World!! Hope you enjoy it!
I make mine without cream/dairy, and without potatoes. I add extra artichokes so there’s fuller flavor and once fully blended, it’s still so hearty but not too heavy. Heaven. In. A. Bowl.
- Chop leeks. Mince garlic if not pre-minced.
- In large pot or stockpot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Once warm, add garlic and chopped leeks. Saute until translucent – for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts. Saute for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add stock – just enough so that it covers the amount of veggies in your pot.
- Turn up heat to high. Add pepper and salt.
- Bring soup to boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Cover pot with a top and reduce heat to a simmer (medium-low heat), and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Blend with immersion blender or transfer to blender and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy my favorite soup in the whole wide world!!