- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup unsalted hulled (raw / green) pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup roasted, salted shelled pistachio nuts
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2-3 scallions
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over med-high heat. When oil is hot, add pumpkin seeds, lightly salt and pepper.
- Saute pumpkin seeds until they appear toasted (browned) and start to pop – stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan about 2 minutes in.
- Transfer to plate and let cool while prepping and adding other ingredients to blender.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. Add extra water ass necessary for desired consistency.
- Eat with EVERYTHING! Especially Spicy Roasted Squash Soup