Dietary attributes of my recipes:
- all are gluten-free,
- many are vegetarian and/or vegan,
- if they include meat, it’s white meat, poultry or fish
- of course: they’re all “clean”! – aka made with Real Food – unprocessed ingredients, no chemical additives, and no refined or fake sugar.
If you care at all about why I cook/eat the way I do, here’s a bit more about it:
- I noticed I’m very sensitive to gluten a few years ago. So I cut that out of my diet. You’re benefiting through my recipes.
- both of my sisters became vegan a few years ago – they’re usually a bit more flexible these days one is currently a vegetarian, the other pescetarian – so, especially around the holidays, I make a lot of dishes to accommodate
- plus, with side dishes, soups, etc, veggies are just great and the recipes happen pretty naturally
- I love meat! And find I feel better on a higher protein/”Building” diet (everyone’s different, I’m not encouraging you to try it), so I usually add chicken, fish, & eggs where I can. However, my dad was nice enough to pass down his genetically high cholesterol (thanks dad! haha) but did do a good job of raising us on white meat, which is generally a little more heart-healthy. So I’ve never missed cutting out red meat, because I never actually cut it out of my diet.
- I hate cheese. Always have. So you won’t find much cheese in my recipes. You may add it, if you like it. – But I encourage you take a look at my calorie saving tricks if you do.
- I love sugar. (Especially chocolate.) So my recipes still have sugar. But I try to use healthier alternatives. And repeat the motto: everything in moderation.
- I believe in fat. Healthy/real/unrefined fats and oils are actually good for us. In moderation.