- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (garlic powder works, too, if you’re out of the fresh stuff)
- 1/8 – 1/4 Red Pepper Flakes (or none, if ya can’t handle the heat!)
- 2 dashes coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
*Here’s my lazy / bachelor go-to cooking trick: I “roast” things all the time on Broil setting. (The proper way to cook things is high heat for longer periods of time, but on broil you can cook things faster! Muahaha)
- Grab some large tupperware – or, not ideally (for environmental purposes) the plastic bag that your asparagus came in from the grocery store – to toss your asparagus and spices in. *This is my other lazy go-to trick. When ever I make any “roasted” veggies this makes it really easy to have everything evenly covered.
- Set your oven to Broil: High. Line a cooking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Stick your asparagus in your tupperware, pour your olive oil over it (because I use this method, you can use a little more olive oil and it will just help cover your veggies but the excess will stay in your tupperware instead of going in your dish/in your body), add in all of the other ingredients EXCEPT balsamic vinegar: sea salt, ground pepper, cayenne, garlic, red pepper flakes.
- Dump your asparagus onto your lined cookie sheet and stick into the oven for about 5 min. Stir and decide if you’d like them to be cooked longer/crisper.
- When they are cooked to your liking, take them out of the oven and transfer them to your serving dish.
- With your balsamic vinegar, pour over asparagus as evenly as possible. – I try to lay the asparagus flat and pour it across in one line. The flavor will go a long way, so you really don’t need much. Toss the asparagus a bit. Also, having it sit in the vinegar your serving dish will continue to add flavor.
- Enjoy! So delish!