Gluten free, dairy free, heart healthy, low fat
- 6 pieces rice paper (spring roll paper)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves / 1 tbsp minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- Dice all veggies, except spinach and garbanzo beans
- In large pan or wok, heat olive oil over med-high heat, add garlic and onion. Heat until onions become transluscent, about 2 minutes.
- Add in rest of veggies except spinach + curry powder, sautee for 1 min, then add spinach. Reduce to medium heat, sautee further until spinach wilted and carrots softened 5-10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and take pan off stove.
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Fill a large, shallow pan with warm/hot water (for rice paper). Might be better off just following their instructions on this one! – Basically you’re just going to stick the rice paper into the warm water for a few seconds, but it’ll stick together, so careful to stick it in flat. I’m terrible at this.
- (don’t forget to shake off extra water)
- Lay rice paper on chopping board, fill with a generous spoonful of the filling. Then fold into a triangle-ish shape. Or try!
- Lay your samosas onto a baking sheet lined with Al foil or wax paper. Brush outsides with Olive Oil to crisp the outside.
- Bake at 350* for 10 min. Enjoy!
|Nutrition Per Serving:|
|Calories:||160 kcal||Sodium:||106 mg|
|Carbohydrates:||22 g||Sugar:||4 g|
Recipe adapted from the very talented blogger Nourish and Evolve