- 4 c vegetable stock
- 4 c pureed pumpkin
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (~4-5 gloves)
- 1-2 inches ginger root, grated
- 2.5 Tbsp Thai Red curry paste
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp brown sugar or maple syrup (Grade B)
- 1 yellow onion minced
- 2 Tbsp Bragg’s liquid amino’s
- 1/2 can coconut milk
Optional add-ins / garnishes:
- 2 handfuls kale
- handful brussel sprouts, halved,
- large carrot, chopped
- 12-19 med tiger prawns
- 2 heads of baby bok choy, larger leaves cut in half
- roasted pumpkin seeds as garnish
- Place stock in large stock pot/soup pot over high heat. Add pumpkin puree.
- Add lemongrass, garlic, ginger, 1/2 your minced onion. Bring to a boil; boil 1 min.
- Reduce to simmer (medium-low heat), add & mix in Thai red curry paste, coriander, turmeric, maple syrup
- Cover and let simmer at least 10 min. If you’re using roasted pumpkin from scratch, simmer until the roasted pumpkin is soft enough to be blended with your immersion blender.
- Turn heat off, blend until smooth with your immersion blender or in blender.
- Mix in thoroughly Bragg’s liquid amino’s, coconut milk and rest of minced onion.
- Taste test soup. Add more Bragg’s if not salty enough. Add more coconut milk if too spicy. For more curry taste, add a little chili powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric,
- This is where you can add any veggies or meat. Put in soup, cover and cook for for an additional 3 min, or util meat looks cooked and veggies tender to your liking.
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with fresh basil, pumpkin seeds, etc. Maybe over fresh quinoa, rice or noodles. Enjoy!
Adapted from Thai Recipes